Keep up to date with the latest news and announcements relating to Council’s projects and services. Please contact Council if the information you require is not displayed.
Boaties wishing to launch from Shute Harbour will be able to do so from tomorrow, Saturday 27 May 2017.
Whitsunday Regional Council has been working tirelessly to restore access to the public boat ramp after the damage caused by Cyclone Debbie in late March.
The boat ramp and carpark will be open and available from tomorrow to all members of the public, for recreational use.
Whitsunday Regional Council Mayor Andrew Willcox said this was great news for boaties and fishing enthusiasts.
“Recreational fishing is one of our region’s favourite pastimes, so getting the boat ramp back up and running for our community has been a priority for Council,” he said today.
“It is a great time of year to be out on the water and enjoying our beautiful region.”
The fishing pontoon previously located at Shute Harbour no longer exists after receiving significant damage during the cyclone.
For more information, please call Council’s Customer Service on (07) 4945 0200.
< ENDS >
For media enquiries, contact:Joanne Hennessy, Engagement & Marketing Coordinator07 4945 0614 or Email: email@example.com